Monday shortly before 2:00 pm, West Bradford Fire Co along with Ladder 25 (Longwood) and 55 (Good Fellowship) Ambulance were dispatched to Sugarsbridge Road for a reported chimney fire, the caller who was a passing motorist advised there was a large amount of black smoke coming from a chimney. Engine 39-3 and Chief 39 arrived followed by Tanker 39 to find smoke from a chimney and what appeared to be normal operations of a wood stove, shortly after arrival we confirmed this with the resident, recalling Ladder 25 and 55 Ambulance. Engine 39-1 arrived shortly after and crews laddered the roof and checked the chimney finding that the chimney rain cap was 80% clogged with creosote, so the roof crews removed the cap and checked the chimney for any additional blockages. The cap was cleaned and replaced.
As a reminder, please have your chimney cleaned after each season of use and check it on a regular basis during use.