Sixty -Five Years of Service
 
By Chief Jack Law III
January 1, 2019
 

This past November 2018, marked sixty five years of service to our community. It was decided sometime around 1952-1953, that the West Bradford area, specifically Marshallton since it was probably the most populated area in the township at the time, was in need of a local fire company. It was several homeowners and businessmen that gathered and made this decision. Those men re-mortgaged their homes and property to begin what would become the West Bradford Fire Co. they started out with $100.00 and a rented garage in the back alley, purchasing a fire truck during that time. These men sacrificed their life earnings in order to provide safety and fire protection to the West Bradford area. While the area has grown tremendously since that time and we now have two stations with approximately 30 personnel, that include firefighters, fire police, auxiliary and board members that serve the community, we still carry on their original vision of providing fire protection service. Many residents may not realize that we provide these services as volunteers, without pay, often leaving our families, work, beds and other engagements when the call comes in. We could not do this without the dedicated group of volunteers that we have and the municipalities that we serve, along with the donations we receive from our residents and businesses. We are always looking for additional personnel to serve the community so that we can continue to do what we do in the years to come. Stop in and see what we have to offer such as free training, friendships and the sense that you could help someone when they are having a bad day.

 
No Caption
No Caption
 
No Caption
No Caption
 
No Caption